Interfacetable_v3t (formerly check_interface_table_v3t) is a Nagios(R) addon that allows you to monitor the network interfaces of a node (e.g. router, switch, server) without knowing each interface in detail. Only the hostname (or ip address) and the snmp community string are required. It generates a html page gathering some info on the monitored node and a table of all interfaces/ports and their status.
Interfacetable_v3t (or check_interface_table_v3t.pl, which is the name of the plugin script) comes from:
- check_interface_table.pl: plugin released by ITdesign Software Projects & Consulting. this is the first version of the plugin, extracted from the commercial suite proposed by ITdesign.
- check_interface_table_v2.pl: plugin released by NETWAYS GmbH, it adds the performance data related to bandwidth usage.
This version, called Interfacetable_v3t, provides lots of new features and enhancements:
- externalization of the html page design in css stylesheets and js files
- extended interface inclusion/exclusion system
- full documentation
- code review and cleaned, following the nagios plugin development guidelines
- installer for straightforward installations and upgrades
- snmp v1/v2c/v3 supported with several snmp options available
- 64bits counters support
- error/discard packet tracking, duplex status tracking
- Juniper Netscreen extended mode (including vsys, zone and management protocols)
- more and more supported devices
- and much more ! (see changelogs)
Support the check of the following node types: Brocade fiberchannel switches, Cisco routers and switches, Linux hosts, Windows hosts, Solaris hosts, Netapp filers. Go here for a more complete list of supported devices.
All screenshots: link
- Major release: 0.05
- analysis done
Overall status 90.00%
- development done
- testing in progress
- documentation in progress
snmpsim recorder zip
support the project
for any questions, feature or support requests go to forum
keep you informed by subscribing to the plugin newsletter